Gadget Gone Missing? Find Them Using Find My Device App
The Scoop: What are the similarities that your gadgets and keys have in common? We misplace them most of the times. Well, misplace them no more with Find My Device app! If only they have this on remote controls.
Gadgets are considered to be another fixture in our lives. Our phones, tablets and more provide us the answers to our homework, giving us entertainment, and connections through social media.
They also enable us to achieve specific tasks as well. They are also our confidants where we keep our deepest and darkest secrets. Like how you still keep that first episode of Barney and Friends that you watched when you were a kid.
So, what will you do when one of your gadgets get lost? Hold the panic button because there’s a hero to the rescue.
Find Your Lost Phone with this App
Google has an app that can track your lost device may it be phone or tablet. Find My Device, previously known as Android Device Manager, allows you to find the device that you have misplaced. Not only that this is one of the easiest ways you can locate your gadget, it is also an app from a reputable source.
The good news is, this app is free to download! Google has improved the app with the following enhancements.
- Find your gadget by listening to it ring for five minutes even if it is set to silent.
- The app lets you track down your gadget by playing a sound when you’re getting closer.
- You get to lock your device and securing your data until you get to it or get some help.
However, before you get started on the app, you have to take note of the following to be able to make it work correctly.
- Your phone should be on. You can’t locate a phone with no batteries for the app to work.
- The app, your GPS, mobile data or WiFi should also be on.
- You must be signed into your Google Account as well as be visible in Google Play.
- If you lost an Android Wear watch, it must be running on Android 2.0 and up.
Get your device to safely back to you with Find My Device app. You can download it for free here.
So what do you think of the app?
Read more tech feeds like this for your tech needs!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest tech, digital marketing, design and development scoops straight to your email.